Baby-in-Mind (previously known as IAIM) trained and accredited, Embrace Therapy would love to bring to you and your baby the beauty of infant massage through the First Touch program. Each First Touch Program course goes for about 1-1.5 hours each week with a minimum of 3-6 families. This provides me with the ability to provide in-depth attention to you and your baby.
Refreshments are provided and the setting is nice and relaxed. We work on your baby’s schedule, so if bubba needs a cuddle, feed, cry or a change- feel free to get up and tend to your baby. There are dolls available for you to use and we will go over the strokes learnt again so by the end of the 5 weeks, everyone will feel comfortable with doing the massage.
If your little bubba has had a more complex start to life, I have experience with children with special needs and can accommodate to your baby’s needs.
There has been extensive research into the benefits of infant massage and the feedback from parents have reflected the research. The benefits are often grouped into 4 categories:
- Enhancing the development of bonding and secure attachment
- Development of verbal and non-verbal cues
- Development of body respect and empathy
- Imitation through interaction
- Communication skills
- Stimulated learning
- Muscular development and tone
- Body awareness
- Body systems and senses
- Digestive comfort such as gas, colic and constipation.
- Growing pains
- Muscular tension
- Tactile sensitivity
- Improved sleep
- Reduced stress
- Relaxes the muscles
First Touch Program course (3-6 mum and bubs): $120
- If you have a group of friends or have a mother’s group that you want me to come out to, that can be arranged.
Private sessions (4 weeks, approx. 45 minutes): $200
Each course you get:
- 125 ml organic sun-flower oil
- course handouts for you to take home
- massage stroke mini poster for quick reference
- Certificate of attendance